Last update: Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:53 AM.

6/23/11 by DW

    • Blork knows how to do podcasts, but the Twitter gateway, radioReallySimple.root, had no code to look for enclosures. I fixed that in time to send out today's DaveCast.
      • radioReallySimpleSuite.newItemCallback
    • I'm ready to define my first macro, and start building a way to specifiy them.
    • The macro is <%textFont%>. I set the default to Georgia.
    • It will be used in places where written text is being viewed.
    • For example, the text you're reading right now.
    • In our internal parlance, this is a directoryComment.
    • It's in a serif font, which is good for reading.
    • There will be a Prefs page where you can enter a different value for the font.
    • Next one: <%textFontSize%>. I set the default to 16px.
    • Finally: <%textLineHeight%>, default 20px.
    • I finally got the the left-indent of the directory to zero, so we're no longer wasting a huge amount of horizontal space. And more important if I want to tweak it up, I now know where to go.
    • I had to read about ten articles about CSS and ULs, turns out if you set these two attributes on the UL element, you get the desired result: margin-left: 0; padding-left: 0;
    • Whew!
    • Previously the title of the page was the crumbtrail, something like: Top > My sites > Specs.
    • Now it's just the last item in the crumb list.
    • If you think about it, this is the title of the thing you're looking at. And it makes it possible for us to include the title immediately above the contents.
    • Isn't this page ugly?
    • But then again -- isn't it beautiful? :-)
      • 1. I wiped out the template, reducing it to a section and an empty . The just had a . No styles.</div></li> <li><div class="divOutlineText">2. I then imported the styles from A List Apart's <a href="http://www.alistapart.com/articles/holygrail/">holygrail 3-column layout</a>, and the content as well.</div></li> <li><div class="divOutlineText">3. Then I added the macros from worldOutline.root where I wanted them.</div></li> <li><div class="divOutlineText">4. Then I changed the way the directory rendering code works so there is now only a single template, not two.</div></li> </ul> </li> <li><div class="divOutlineText">All this so I could move the menu over to the left and put the crumb trail at the top. Which is where these things belong.</div></li> <li><div class="divOutlineText">Now I believe I have the basis on which to begin developing the look of this site.</div></li> <li><div class="divOutlineText">PS: There's the third column on the right that's going to prove essential. If you look at the layout of scripting.com you'll see why. Or any blog, or Facebook or Twitter.</div></li> </ul> </li> </ul> </div> </div> </div> <div class="divComments"> <div id="disqus_thread"></div> <script type="text/javascript">var disqus_shortname = 'scripting2'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })(); </script> </div> </div> </body> </html>