All of a sudden the server that I use to host a lot of new stuff, including radio2.scripting.com, is having trouble. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out what the problem is, but then I went for a walk and realized that it's a good time to make a change.
I just spent the last week polishing and improving the Radio2 app. I was starting to think how I was going to do the transition, because I no longer want to use the old version, the new one is so much nicer and faster.
1. I've created a new server on Rackspace called Austin. (In honor of AC's new hometown.)
2. I've installed Radio2 on the server. I'm using the new procedure for installing it, so that will get a test now.
3. Radio's name on this server is radio2.reallysimple.org.
Update: When I got Radio2 running on the new server, it had the same problem. Conclusion -- I must have broken something in an update. Found the problem. I had eliminated the column in the History table that says what the item number is. But that had a side-effect, the counter was used to limit the number of items in the history table. It was adding all the posts I had ever entered back to the beginning. Once I fixed the bug and released the parts both servers went back to normal.
Conclusion: Maybe we don't need the new server after all.